FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Haven

Go down

Haven

Post by Paksennarion on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Struggling to think through the haze that had descended on her mind, Paks managed to make her way to the ANBU headquarters, although later she wouldn't remember how she had gotten there. No one questioned her rather questionable state, as she stumbled down the halls. Finally, entering a room that had been assigned to her long ago, Paks collapsed against the wall.

The pain had died down, leaving behind only a tiredness so pervasive that she felt like all of the energy inside her body had been sucked out. A feeling so at odds with what the jutsu had felt like. Paks closed her eyes and leaned against the wall, tentatively reaching out to feel for her chakra. However she couldn't seem to reach it. Alone, in the dark, Paks dropped her mask and brought her knees to her chest, pressing her face against them as she shook.

Sometimes the worst evil is done by good people who do not know that they are not good.

Your shouting voice is interrupted
My unforgivable sins go on...
Your heart, your arms, your voice...everything
I hold you who I love too much, until we love each other, until we go crazy
Over and over I destroyed...

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)
Nickname: The Poisoned Willow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haven

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Anei leaned against the wall in the corner opposite of her, head tilted lazily on its side as he watched. No doubt she might have noticed him if she weren't so exhausted. A small smile played across his face as his eyes held their gaze, simple and somehow amused. He adjusted his folded arms, the tight leather on his forearms squeaking softly as he did. He took a couple steps forward, boots making the slightest of tapping noises on the floor as his coat shuffled slightly around his feet. He spoke, his voice soft and calming, yet hollow.

"You're difficult to track down, even for ANBU, Paksennarion." He smiled warmly and waited some response. He had been officially assigned to her unit some few days ago, though she had been unable to meet him. He had spent the last few days trying to find her and become introduced, and had not even bothered to retrieve his new anbu uniform or mask.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Nickname: Shadow of the Moon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 am

Paks flinched heavily, her breathing rising erratically as she slipped to her feet, the movement shaky but carrying over some of her usual grace. Whirling she faced the other occupant of a room she had thought was empty, her eyes narrowing the smallest bit. However, her composure had been broken too many times that day, and all within a short span of time. She could not cover up the surprise, nor the wariness that entered her eyes.

"Who are you?" somehow Paks managed to keep her tone cool, the hint of danger noticeable in spite of the soft tone, or perhaps because of it. Her eyes slid over his face, observing and analyzing. She had never seen him before, but he must be an ANBU member to have gotten inside the headquarters. She delicately reached out with her senses, trying to get a feel for his chakra signature as one hand rose to brush a lock of hair back behind her ear, among other things.

Sometimes the worst evil is done by good people who do not know that they are not good.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:35 am

Anei watched her reaction, unblinking, still smiling that smooth, gentle smile of his. That smile of his, grew into a wide grin as he watched her brush back her hair, and he straightened his head, watching her movements carefully.

"Now now, do you really think I'd be able to get by all these ANBU, if I was a threat?" His voice was almost mocking, but never lost its smooth flow. He took another few steps forward, somewhat amused by her actions. She was definitely worn out from something, and not her usual self, at least so far as her physical and mental state was concerned.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 am

"Ah, but the term threat is relative. Any number of ANBU members could be considered threats, yes? Although, you did not answer my question." Paks returned calmly. Even in such a situation, she could remain calm. If that serene state was rocked by occasional emotions, then she just had to gain control quickly. Her hand fell down to her side, curling ever so slightly.

Still, this man was rather intriguing. He looked to be around her age, and yet he seemed much more cultured than many of the other shinobi she knew. Paks openly watched him as he stepped closer but she held her ground. He did not seem like he was about to attack her, and if he had wanted to, his chance would have been earlier before she had known of his presence. Overall, this seemed unlikely to be a physical confrontation, but she refused to drop her guard even so.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:49 am

Anei made sure it seemed as though he kept eye contact, though by tilting his head, the way he usually did, he was able to keep a watch on her hand which dropped, through his peripheral vision. Licking his lips, he paused for a minute. She was able to keep her cool, even knowing that he was capable, and she was not in the best of states. He smiled, corner of his lips tugging up almost like a twitch, as he stepped still closer, closing the gap between them foot by foot. Answering her question might only spoil the game.

"Alright then... Most the people in this building are threats. But would I come so far, if I were a threat to you? Would I have blown my cover? Or perhaps the spider has already spun a web, and waits for the fly to come in?" He chuckled lightly unfolding his arms and flexing his fingers.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Paks tilted her head slightly, a small movement that caused her hair to slide back over her shoulder. Ignoring it, she watched him, somewhat bemused by his attitude. And yet, the intrigue intensified. "Perhaps you would come so far especially if you were a threat."

"And although this is amusing, and I apologize for the forwardness ahead of time, but I never stated that you were a threat and thus this conversation is wholly redundant in nature. We could continue to dance around each other, or you could answer my original question."

Paks kept herself perfectly still, the adrenaline rushing through her blood helping to quell the shaking from earlier. Even the pain was far at the back of her thoughts as she watched this peculiar man.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:10 am

His smile softened slightly, though it was hard to tell if it was in satisfaction or disappointment. Anei seemed to ponder something for a moment before smiling sweetly again. That's one down, he thought. He crossed his arms again, using this motion merely to disguise a slight flick of his wrist, sending a senbon lodged between two metal bracelets he wore into his hand, for emergencies.

"Hmm, all in due time. Have you ever felt the fang of a serpent?" Licking his lips he extended his arm from the elbow, straight out, flicking his wrist sending the senbon through the air at her shoulder.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 am

Paks tried to puzzle through his words, for surely that was not meant as a literal question, when he moved. Hand outstretched to throw a senbon, the small piece of metal barely visible in the dark room. She sighed quietly, rather disappointed that this had in fact turned out to be a physical altercation. He was testing her... Really, such things were somewhat annoying. Paks caught the senbon between her fingers, a few inches away from her shoulder.

She met his eyes boldly, her own narrowing enough so that the pupils contracted into mere slits, the snake like resemblance surely something he wouldn't miss. Deciding that she did not really care to work through his words, and at the moment she did not feel any respect towards him that would warrant her at least trying to do so, Paks answered his words as if they had been literal. "Yes, many a time."

She was not angry that he had attacked her, in fact, other than her arm moving to catch the senbon she hadn't moved from her position.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:56 am

Anei watched her as she caught the senbon with virtually no effort, smiling ever so slightly watching her irritation grow. She didn't like being tested. But he wasn't about to dedicate himself to a division of ANBU to this village, after what its members did to his home, unless he chose it. Each individual person would have to earn his respect. For now, she had simply earned the chance.

He met her gaze cooly, head slightly tilted to one side, eyes unwavering, unblinking, steady and eerily calm, like the eyes of a spider, resting at the edge of a web simply waiting. he grinned widely deciding this would be enough for now. He personally didn't care if she liked him, but it'd be easiest to work together without unecessary tensions. He straightened his gloves on his fingers and licked his lips. She had even withheld from retaliation. she was more like him than he had thought.

"My name is Anei Amimono. I've been assigned to your squad."

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:08 am

An intake of breath was all the reaction Paks allowed as she took in Anei with a new perspective. A new member? She hadn't been told of this. Yes her squad wasn't exactly full, but she hadn't thought that they would have a replacement so soon. Inclining her head slightly, Paks spoke, "Amimono-san," she tested his name, finding it ironic, "I shall introduce myself, even if you already happen to know my name." Dipping into a bow, not deep enough to really be called respectful, however not by any means rude, she maintained eye contact, "I am Kuchinawa Paksennarion, however generally I am called Paks. On duty I am Cat."

Finally moving, Paks stepped forward to return his senbon, holding it out to him the movement carefully choreographed so that there were no threatening nuances. "I would assume that you have been briefed as to the purpose of this squad?"

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:16 am

Anei watched her bow, lowering his head with a smile in return. His fingers grasped his senbon carefully, sliding it back into place between his two bracelets. She was a very interesting person, it seemed. Likely to give his mind something to ponder in the heat of battle. He shook his head softly at her words.
"No, I declined a briefing. I hate having to listen to the same thing twice, and I figured it best to hear such details from someone directly involved." He looked at her waiting for her to continue, his soft voice filling the room.

Anei stepped back from her again, leaning once again against the wall, relaxing with his arms folded. He had no true allegiances held to this village, and so was eager to hear exactly what was expected from him, not only to see what his future held, but to decide his level of involvement overall. He was not the sort to blatantly betray anyone, but he was nothing more than a kidnapped child molded into the system at this point.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 am

"The Yami division of ANBU is in essence, exactly as the name implies. We are the darkness. Stealth, infiltration, information gathering, we are expected to be able to handle with ease. Generally the assassinations are left to the Saiku-Kison division, but we have our fair share of them. We are fast, and silent. Going in and then getting out alive by any means possible. This is not the place for someone morally inclined," she summarized, finishing with a general warning. Although, her mouth curved slightly, the hint of a smirk gracing her features, "Somehow, I doubt that will be an issue with you."

She stepped back to her original position, slowly feeling more and more normal and slowly gaining back more and more of her control. In retrospect this had been a rather embarrassing first meeting, but it was unlikely that she would ever be so caught off guard again in front of Anei. So perhaps she would have a chance at fixing his overall perception of her. But that was a distant thing, his opinion mattered little in the big scheme of things. Too many things were swirling around at the moment.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:35 am

Anei grinned as she explained, flexing and unflexing his gloved fingers. "Sounds like kind of thing." He had never been one for open fighting. He could hold his own well enough, but having grown up on the streets, sneaking around and things of that nature were definitely his strength. Stealth, infiltration... No problem.

As for her warning... Morals? His mind traveled back to earlier that week, a smiling face and a shiny new headband. A moment of dark rage, and a flash of steel. A spray of blood and a small, hollow smile.

"No issue at all... Paks-chan."

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:43 am

Paks remained silent for a moment, before nodding slowly, "Good." So far, from what she could tell of his personality, he might just fit in. Then again, Paks had a suspicion that what she was seeing, was really not what he was. But, she herself pulled that, and it was of no concern to her so long as he was capable.

"Is there anything else you would like to know?" she asked, in only because protocol demanded that she provide any information a new recruit may need. It wasn't that this "talk" had been somewhat interesting, Paks would even admit to herself that it had been enjoyable, but she had other things to do with her time. She had yet to talk to her Father, nor find 'kari-kun. Both of which would be intensive and possibly problematic situations on their own.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 am

Anei paused for a moment, eyes unwavering as they gazed into hers, and yet it seemed he was studying every part of her, as if finalizing his first encounter, summing it up in his mind. After a few quiet seconds he shook his head smiling as warmly as he could.

"No, I don't need to know anything more... I trust you'll be able to reach me if you need anything. I'll see you on our next mission." So saying Anei bowed his head ever so slightly before turning and leaving, the sway of his walk not just in his hips, but his entire body, just obvious enough to be noticed, and just subtle enough to not draw attention or make him seem foolish. His coat rustling at his feet was the only sound heard as he exited the ANBU building, thinking to himself.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Paks paused, watching Anei go to leave. Before he could walk out the door however, she called out, "Wait." Without explaining, Paks pulled out a kunai. Dragging the side across her palm, a quick and precise motion that caused droplets of blood to well from the cut. Clenching her fist, Paks called up her chakra and preformed a few concise handseals, the blood collecting together, before it began to congeal and harden. After a few seconds a small red stone was created, the shape one easily made into a talisman.

Opening her hand, Paks stared down at the red stone, before tossing it towards Anei. "Here, keep that with you." Expecting him to catch it, she turned to the desk that sat against the far wall and began to go over a few of the reports sitting there.

~

Spoiler:
Name: Chishio Biten (Blood Charm)
Skill: Clan Ninjutsu
Element: -
Description: Chishio Biten is another use for a Kuchinawa members blood. Collecting chakra to some spilt blood, the user can either form a small red stone like object, or smear a small pinprick of blood onto someone. After the blood gains contact with an object or person, the Clan member will always know where they/it is and a general status report although no real details. This helps especially with a team that covers large distances and isn’t always within eye sight.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Anei stopped in mid-stride at her words, though he did not turn, only tilted his head. he arched a brow and raised his hand to catch the stone, though it was certainly not hand-eye-coordination, as he didn't glance in the direction of Paks or the stone. He opened his gloved hand to look at the stone for a moment before speaking quietly.

"And what exactly is this?" He turned it over in his fingers a few times before stuffing it in his coat pocket, glancing over his shoulder to the now occupied ANBU captain.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Paks pushed back the urge to sigh, and finished the sentence she had been reading. Lightly setting the documents back down, she turned and leaned back against the desk. "That is simply an item that will allow me to contact you. I make all of the members of this team keep one with them," she intoned, as if the words were memorized. And indeed they were, as she said the same exact thing to all of her current and past teammates. The fact that she didn't fully explain the little stones abilities wasn't so much because she was rushing, but more paranoia. Paks, as Light always told her, had more than her fair share of paranoia. But it had never hurt her before, so she went along with her sometimes stranger whims.

She eyed Anei, waiting to see if he would try and object. Hopefully not, she didn't want to have to end up doing this the hard way. It would create bad emotions on both ends.

Glomp. Stab. Face palm.
Paksennarion
Anbu
Anbu

Character sheet
Chakra:
169/169  (169/169)
Health:
40/40  (40/40)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Anei nodded slowly, glancing again at the stone before returning it to his pocket. As he turned away he caught a look in her eye, and he stopped for a moment to ponder it, meeting her gaze with a calculating stare. For a moment he considered saying something, curious as to the challenging nature of her eyes...no, as if she was tensed, waiting for something.

"Very well...Farewell." He turned from her then and made his way out of the building, pondering, calculating, thinking over the encounter. brief and limited though it was, there was probably plenty of information in her actions and words for him to deduce.

Saix
Chuunin
Chuunin

Character sheet
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down