True Shinobi Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Genin Post Here!
How to RP Effectively EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 am by wolfspirit

» SITE MOVE
How to RP Effectively EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 am by shinobiwan

» Rokory clan
How to RP Effectively EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:45 am by Shinryu Jin

» which side would you rather be on anbu or akatsuki
How to RP Effectively EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 am by goten 33

» sub-zero atack shatterng death
How to RP Effectively EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:54 am by goten 33

» the ravens
How to RP Effectively EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:33 am by goten 33

» genjutsu trap attack
How to RP Effectively EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 am by goten 33

» taijutsu atack art of open palm
How to RP Effectively EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 am by goten 33

» goten Rokory
How to RP Effectively EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:16 am by goten 33

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

How to RP Effectively

2 posters

Go down

How to RP Effectively Empty How to RP Effectively

Post by Shinryu Jin Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 am

This will be an attempt at preventing people who are not so experienced at Role playing, from making a fool of themselves. It was already clearly stated int he rules. That you need to post 4 lines Minimum. If it had been up to me, people would need to write 5-6 Minimum. There are ways that one must Role Play on this site, that will be considered acceptable. I will now Give a couple of examples.

How Not To Role Play:

You pick up a Kunai and stabs opponent in his back. *I am going to kill everyone*. I then stab two other people and run away.

This is a Prime example of an inexperienced Role player. And I urge everyone that fits the bill to shape up. First of all, you need to Role play in 3rd person. This means there are no longer any "I". You should turn this around into for example "John" or whatever your character's name is. You can also clearly see that the sample above doesn't fit the criteria of what we are looking for. The post in way too short. And dear I say it, rather Noobish.

How To RP Effectively:

Waking up at the sound of his alarm clock, John knew he was going to be late. His clock alarmed before but he decided to ignore it. Now rushing he gathered his things and decided to head out. Today could be the first time he would meet his Sensei and new team. Running through the streets of Konoha, John seemed really excited. But a little disappointed with himself. He didn't want anyone to think he was a slacker and wouldn't be a reliable person. Finally reaching the meeting point, he was out of breath as he suddenly came to an halt. He inhaled and then exhaled, a sigh follow afterward. "What a relief it seems I'm not so late after all". John said to himself as he started walking over towards his teammates. He knew his teammates very well from his days at the Academy. So getting along with them wouldn't be too difficult.

This is the sort of style we are looking for. And hoping you will use while Role playing. If you notice, there is a clear difference between the first RP sample and this one. This one had quotation marks "Quotation". And not **. It was also done in 3rd person. So there wasn't any "I". Instead it was John or whatever your character's name will be. You will also notice the length of the post and though its not as detailed as I would like it to be. It is still sufficient and your Fellow members will be satisfied with it.

Another Important aspect of Role playing, is that you don't use Acronyms. So please when your Role playing avoid using (u, tho, thru) You get the point? Please finish spelling the words.

Failure to follow these Rules, will lead to Warning and then a Ban.
Shinryu Jin
Shinryu Jin
Missing Ninja
Missing Ninja

Character sheet
Chakra:
How to RP Effectively Left_bar_bleue210/210How to RP Effectively Empty_bar_bleue  (210/210)
Health:
How to RP Effectively Left_bar_bleue100/100How to RP Effectively Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Nickname: The Demon of Death

Back to top Go down

How to RP Effectively Empty Re: How to RP Effectively

Post by Rokudaime Masurao Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey Pluto i think you need to inform the readers its ok it use "I" when its in quotation marks for example

Masurao walks down the street of Konoha. As he reches the ramen shop he stops to listen to his stomach "I know, I know" Masurao said as he entered the shop. As Masurao enterd the shop he could smell all the diffrent aromas blending in. "Ah I love the smell of fresh ramen" Masurao said as he took a seat. The man asked him what he would like? "Oh? I dont know" masurao then takes a look at the menu and starts to droll a little. Masurao started to day dream about al the food he could eat. Then a long sigh came out. Masurao yelled "I'll have evey thing on the menu!" people started to stair at the hungry shinobi. Masurao then took his seat.

"OH MY GOD" Masurao said as he ate the ramen in a pigish fashion "I'd like some more please" Masurao requested. The Chef look mighty pleased and though he was going to get a niffty tip. As masurao finished the came the worst part...THE BILL. Masurao looked in his pocket. Masurao looked up smiling "Damit im broke" masurao said in his mind. the man asked if there was a problem "Um no...," masurao said as he tryed to run out to the streets of Konaha . As he ran out the owners wife him Masurao across the head with a pan. Moments later Masurao awoke. "Uh were am I" masurao asked while rubbing the spot were the pan hit. The lady apoligized thinking he was one of those no good free loaders. "put it on my tab" Masurao said as he waved good bye to the owner and his wife. As masurao walked the streets of Konaha with a full stomach he said "why she hit me so hard!" Mausrao then looked in a mirror "Oh My God!" Masurao said as he withessed the giant bump on his head.

So yea see how I used "I"
Rokudaime Masurao
Rokudaime Masurao
Jounin
Jounin

Character sheet
Chakra:
How to RP Effectively Left_bar_bleue170/170How to RP Effectively Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)
Health:
How to RP Effectively Left_bar_bleue100/100How to RP Effectively Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Nickname: The Deadly Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:27 am

wow pluto sound also most like the real caiptain 12th of bleach... almost so its kinda scarry *laughs* an the other one is almost like a lil mini version its so cute.... X3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum